Full course description
Register for this course on Zoom at:
Online Only | To prepare educators to include Asian American history, stories, and voices into the curriculum, this professional development workshop will model a lesson excerpt to K-12 educators that centers Asian American themes and teaching resources. In addition, attendees will learn about:
• Why teaching about the Asian American experience is important
• Diversity of the Asian American community nationally and in Illinois
• Anti-Asian stereotypes throughout history and today
• Asian Americans fighting for racial justice with other communities of color
• Asian American Education Resource Database, a lesson and resource database
Instructor: Maricor Chang
Course Date: 10/03/2023
Course Time: 5:00 PM-7:00 PMLocation: Online via Zoom.
For more information about registration, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page at https://www.ctuf.org/questcenter/quest-center-faq-and-disclaimer/.