Teaching About The Asian American Experience
Ended Nov 30, 2022
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
Register for this course on Zoom at:
Online Only | To prepare educators to include Asian American history, stories, and voices into the curriculum, this professional development workshop will model a lesson excerpt to K-12 educators that centers Asian American themes and teaching resources. In addition, attendees will learn about:
• Why teaching about the Asian American experience is important
• Diversity of the Asian American community nationally and in Illinois
• Anti-Asian stereotypes throughout history and today
• Asian Americans fighting for racial justice with other communities of color
• Asian American Education Resource Database, a lesson and resource database
Instructor: Maricor Chang
Course Date: 11/29/2022
Course Time: 5:00 PM-7:00 PMLocation: Online via Zoom.
For more information about registration, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page at https://www.ctuf.org/questcenter/quest-center-faq-and-disclaimer/.