Full course description
Online Only | To prepare educators to include Asian American history, stories, and voices into the curriculum, this professional development workshop will model a lesson excerpt to K-12 educators that centers Asian American themes and teaching resources. In addition, attendees will learn about:
• Why teaching about the Asian American experience is important
• Diversity of the Asian American community nationally and in Illinois
• Anti-Asian stereotypes throughout history and today
• Asian Americans fighting for racial justice with other communities of color
• Asian American Education Resource Database, a lesson and resource database
Instructor: Maricor Chang
Course Date: 11/9/2023
Course Time: 10:00 AM-12:00 PMLocation: Online at ctuf.instructure.com
Click Pay Now on the PayPal processing page only ONCE.
Do not click back or reload
Do not navigate away from page as it is processing
You should see a confirmation when checkout is complete. If you do not see this confirmation, or if you have been charged but not enrolled in the course, please contact the instructor or Walter Taylor at WalterTaylor@ctuf.org.
For more information about registration, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page at https://www.ctuf.org/questcenter/quest-center-faq-and-disclaimer/.